Nonbinary people can list their gender as “X” on birth certificates in New York City

New York City now joins the states of California, Washington, and Oregon in offering the “X” option on birth certificates. Similar legislation took effect February 1 in New Jersy.  In New York City you have the right to affirm your gender identity. All New Yorkers will be able to change their gender marker on their birth certificate to M, F, or X – without a doctor’s note.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *