William G. Tishkoff is Tishkoff’s principal. He was born in Los Angeles, California, on November 8, 1960. He earned his B.A. from Wesleyan University, with highest honors, in 1982. Mr. Tishkoff earned his J.D. from the University of Michigan and was admitted to the State Bar of Michigan in 1991. He continues to be an active member of the State Bar of Michigan. Mr. Tishkoff is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and Washtenaw Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Tishkoff is rated AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating, and is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. He is an established litigator with extensive experience and major victories in jury and bench trials in Michigan and across the United States.
Mr. Tishkoff's Settlements and Results
- A judgment of no cause of action on claims for over $200 million for fifty-three clients in a multi-state series of lawsuits.
- A zero recovery result on a $36 million derivative liability claim in Virginia
- A $2.7 million judgment against a client’s research contractor.
- A $1.5 million judgment for a low income housing developer against the City of Bay City for denial of constitutional rights and breach of contract. 21st largest settlement in the State of Michigan in 2001.
- A $759,515 jury verdict and judgment in federal court in the Eastern District of Michigan against Sandalwood Enterprises, Inc. for breach of contract.
- A $400,000 settlement for a personal injury matter.
- A $318,199 settlement with a municipal commission for wrongful termination.
- A confidential settlement of $250,000 for an employment-related fraud claim in federal court.
- A $238,000 age discrimination jury verdict and judgment in federal court in the Northern District of Ohio against the Sandusky City School District Board of Education.
- A $119,000 jury verdict and total judgment of $225,067 against West Publishing for violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act (the final settlement payment after appeal was $425,000).
- An EEOC award of $96,757 for back pay, emotional distress and other damages caused by the United States Postal Service for racial discrimination towards an employee.
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Mr. Tishkoff's Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association